On Tuesday the 13th, Dartmouth flew its flags at half mast, as per the orders of Gov. Hassan, in honor of Brentwood police officer Steve Arkell. Officer Arkell was responding to a domestic disturbance between Walter Nolan, 80, and his son Michael Nolan, 47, who lived together in a Brentwood subdivision. The fight (the causes of which remain unknown) began at 4:00pm, and when it escalated, neighbors called the police. Officer Arkell entered the home, only to be hit by a barrage of gunfire from Michael Nolan. Another officer attempt to enter the home, but was driven from the premise by gunfire. Reinforcements arrived quickly, and at some point during the gunfire, a fire began to spread through the house. Police officers managed to remove Walter Nolan from the building, but when the fire caused a large explosion in the home at approximately 5:30pm, Michael Nolan was presumed dead. Officer Arkell died of his wounds that evening after being evacuated by helicopter. The fire was expediently subdued by firefighters after the explosion, and police are now investigating the events that led to the two deaths.
Dartmouth Schedules Saturday Classes During 15F May 20, 2015
WSJ’s Jason Riley Talks Black Poverty at Tuck May 10, 2015
Dartmouth Students Protest for Baltimore May 4, 2015
Justin Anderson Made New VP for Commmunications April 30, 2015
Johns Hopkins University Student Government Bans Chick-fil-A April 27, 2015
- Fossil: Why don't you send this to the D as a letter to the Editor or a g...
- Parent '16: Great interview and article! Thanks. This is particularly on po...
- SGlitz: "Your species has the most amazing capacity for self-deception ma...
- editorbcpatriot: What a shame. Maybe someone can organize America's businesses to ...
- Dianna Zerbe: Chick-fil-A is a wonderful place to eat! it has delicious food at...