On Tuesday the 13th, Dartmouth flew its flags at half mast, as per the orders of Gov. Hassan, in honor of Brentwood police officer Steve Arkell. Officer Arkell was responding to a domestic disturbance between Walter Nolan, 80, and his son Michael Nolan, 47, who lived together in a Brentwood subdivision. The fight (the causes of which remain unknown) began at 4:00pm, and when it escalated, neighbors called the police. Officer Arkell entered the home, only to be hit by a barrage of gunfire from Michael Nolan. Another officer attempt to enter the home, but was driven from the premise by gunfire. Reinforcements arrived quickly, and at some point during the gunfire, a fire began to spread through the house. Police officers managed to remove Walter Nolan from the building, but when the fire caused a large explosion in the home at approximately 5:30pm, Michael Nolan was presumed dead. Officer Arkell died of his wounds that evening after being evacuated by helicopter. The fire was expediently subdued by firefighters after the explosion, and police are now investigating the events that led to the two deaths.
Michelle Knesbach Makes an Appearance on Fox News May 16, 2016
Buying into the Bond Market April 26, 2016
Dartmouth Professor On Trial for Child Pornography April 24, 2016
Library of Congress Succumbs to “I-Word” Protesters March 31, 2016
College Officially De-Recognizes SAE February 4, 2016
- Bacon Lover: Vandal P.O.S.es Lock 'em up....
- frankgado: Great. "When the dust settles" archaeologists will die deep into ...
- Parent '16: Thanks for your response. I have to admit I was unaware of just h...
- frankgado: The idea that the Ivies offer the best i education rests on myth....
- Parent '16: Ummm....we're not alumni parents. We let our child make their ow...