Last week, the Dartmouth Entrepreneurial Network (DEN) sent out an email to its undergraduate blitz list as well as to Dartmouth Alumni announcing that DEN Director and Tuck Professor Gregg Fairbrothers is being eliminated from both the Tuck faculty and from his role with DEN. According to the email, this dismissal was made for “political” reasons, rather than “performance related, disciplinary, or budgetary” ones. Confusingly, the email never articulates what these specific “political” reasons were, and then proceeds to paint the dismissal of Professor Fairbrothers as an oversight brought on by Dean Danos’ decision to leave Tuck, President Hanlon’s preoccupation with the College’s ongoing PR disaster, and the current lack of a full time Provost at the College. The DEN email asks readers to email and call President Hanlon and other high-level administrators and to sign a petition protesting Professor Fairbrothers’ dismissal.
College Announces Compliance and Ethics Hotline February 10, 2015
Conservative, Tenured Marquette Professor Terminated February 9, 2015
A Defense of Tradition February 9, 2015
“tbd dartmouth” Blitz Criticizes MDF February 4, 2015
Obama on Phil Klay’s “Redeployment” February 2, 2015
A Conversation with DALI February 28, 2015
Moving Dartmouth Forward: What Could Have Been February 27, 2015
Grading Hanlon’s Academic Plans February 26, 2015
Moving Dartmouth Forward’s Approach to Sexual Assault February 25, 2015
Moving Dartmouth Forward and the ‘Go Local’ Movement February 24, 2015
- Hazel Walker: Eliminate ambiguity this way. If she says that he raped her, the...
- Robert maxwell: Meg is the typical knee jerk liberal. Thank goodness that Meg and...
- Scott Cramer: Beautifully told story of a brilliant, misunderstood, under appre...
- Andrew Siedlecki: As is often the case with "initiatives" like Moving Dartmouth For...
- Meg: He violated HIPPA. He put the instructor in danger, and she recei...