Last week, the Dartmouth Entrepreneurial Network (DEN) sent out an email to its undergraduate blitz list as well as to Dartmouth Alumni announcing that DEN Director and Tuck Professor Gregg Fairbrothers is being eliminated from both the Tuck faculty and from his role with DEN. According to the email, this dismissal was made for “political” reasons, rather than “performance related, disciplinary, or budgetary” ones. Confusingly, the email never articulates what these specific “political” reasons were, and then proceeds to paint the dismissal of Professor Fairbrothers as an oversight brought on by Dean Danos’ decision to leave Tuck, President Hanlon’s preoccupation with the College’s ongoing PR disaster, and the current lack of a full time Provost at the College. The DEN email asks readers to email and call President Hanlon and other high-level administrators and to sign a petition protesting Professor Fairbrothers’ dismissal.
The Paid Athlete Debate October 22, 2014
Help! I Touched the Fire! October 22, 2014
Dartmouth Rolls Over Holy Cross on Homecoming October 22, 2014
Must Watch: Incredible Drone Footage of Homecoming Bonfire October 20, 2014
Setting the Record Straight: Safety and Security Walks Back Curfew October 18, 2014
- Nina Ivy: And are you intellectually independent as a son or daughter of Da...
- '16: Sorry, but Dartmouth doesn't allow us to use the word "criminal" ...
- Caro Ivy: What country? Apparently not the same country as yours, where pe...
- Caro Ivy: No. It is plain definition of people who break serious laws....
- Caro Ivy: imagine that surprise...