Last week, the Dartmouth Entrepreneurial Network (DEN) sent out an email to its undergraduate blitz list as well as to Dartmouth Alumni announcing that DEN Director and Tuck Professor Gregg Fairbrothers is being eliminated from both the Tuck faculty and from his role with DEN. According to the email, this dismissal was made for “political” reasons, rather than “performance related, disciplinary, or budgetary” ones. Confusingly, the email never articulates what these specific “political” reasons were, and then proceeds to paint the dismissal of Professor Fairbrothers as an oversight brought on by Dean Danos’ decision to leave Tuck, President Hanlon’s preoccupation with the College’s ongoing PR disaster, and the current lack of a full time Provost at the College. The DEN email asks readers to email and call President Hanlon and other high-level administrators and to sign a petition protesting Professor Fairbrothers’ dismissal.
Dartmouth Flies by Cornell November 11, 2014
Incident at Rick Perry Event Draws National Attention November 11, 2014
Palaeopitus Weighs In November 8, 2014
Interview with the Steering Committee Chair November 6, 2014
Yik Yak Supports the Greek System November 6, 2014
An Extended Conversation with Jim Rubens November 22, 2014
Fraternity and Sorority Profiles, Part II: SAE, Kappa, and Tabard November 22, 2014
Status and Solidarity November 22, 2014
Hockey Preview November 21, 2014
The PhD (Piled Higher and Deeper) November 20, 2014
- Mike Olivia: This is my testimony about the good work of a man who helped me.....
- Jacob Meaghre: You advocate allowing fraternities to continue to operate at Dart...
- space bean: I believe TDR publishes longer pieces online after the print issu...
- Fossil: The Freedom Budget wasn't a list of suggestions... It was a list ...
- Fribble2: What about the Rick Perry vulgar questions and the Religion 65 ch...